2016 West Penwith Evening League winners having beaten Mining League winners at Camborne 9th August
Welcome to the Home page of St Ives C.C.
Cricket has been played in the Town intermittently since the mid 1800s.
‘The Penzance Journal’ of 21st June 1848 reports a match, for which H.L.Stevens of Tregenna Castle, donated 3 guineas for the purchase of equipment.
The following year 20th June ‘The Penzance Gazette’ reports “30 of the respectable inhabitants” of the town met to form a Club. In 1902, the Club, with the supportof Edward Hain, became one of the founding members of The West Penwith League joining the Cornwall Cricket League in 1939.
The present incarnation of the Club grew out of a friendly side composed of staff at the local Secondary Modern School, and to this day plays at the school site.
In 1982 the team was boosted by local players and once again entered in to the Cornwall Cricket League. Today the Club fields two teams in the Cornwall Cricket League playing on Saturdays in Divisions 3 and 5; an evening team playing on Tuesdays in the West Penwith League, and three junior sides, under11,13 and 15.
2013 saw the club achieve Clubmark re-accreditation for the second time, whilst remaining a Focus Club and securing 'Chance to Shine' in association with local schools from February 2014
If you would like to find out more about the club, become involved as a player, official or volunteer or make enquiries about visiting us as a touring side then please contact us using the link above.